Our Firm has a strong presence in the evolving area of Copyright Law. Our experienced team is capable to provide legal advice on all aspects of copyright law, keeping always an eye to the evolution of EU law and understanding in depth the new business models for the exploitation of copyrighted works, as well as the challenges that new technologies create for the protection of copyright and related rights. Members of the team are contributing the Greek section of international surveys on the matter, including for Getting the Deal Through: Copyright.
Our firm advises and regularly represents major publishing companies, audiovisual production companies, advertising companies, the largest Greek music recording and publishing company, one of the major international auction houses, numerous beneficiaries of copyright and related rights, heirs of world-renowned artists, artists in the music and cinematographer field, companies organizing concerts and musical events, as well as software companies, game developers and other technology companies.
The services that our Firm renders include:
- Enforcing and defending copyrights and related rights.
- Representing the rightholders before the competent courts and other authorities.
- Negotiating and drafting copyright transfer agreements, exploitation contracts and license agreements.
- Negotiating and drafting performance agreements.
- Legal advice and representation of authors and other rightholders before the Greek Collective Societies (“EDEM”, “GEA”, “ATHINA”, “DIONYSOS”, “ERATO”, “APOLLON”, “GRAMMO”).