Pigi has extensive experience in handling both contentious and non-contentious IP matters, principally related to trademarks, copyright/related rights and domain names. She represents numerous renowned authors (directors, writers, composers, painters, photographers etc.), performers (actors, musicians etc.) and other rightholders as well as companies from various sectors, such as record companies, production companies, publishing houses, technology and gaming companies, cosmetic and consumer goods companies, before the competent Courts and Authorities for the effective protection of their IP rights and she also provides strategic advice in this respect. She is also experienced in handling negotiations and drafting agreements related to transfer and exploitation of IP rights.
Her practice further extends to corporate law, as she advises national and international clients and renders legal services related to company formations, ongoing company governance etc. and has participated in a number of complex M&A transactions related to both share and special assets deals.
Pigi also provides legal support to Media companies (TV and radio stations, publishers of magazines and newspapers, media websites), regarding matters arising from their daily operation, including compliance with broadcasting legislation and representation before the national regulatory authorities, as well as to technology companies regarding software protection and exploitation, data security etc., and to private clients and organizations (such as auction houses) on all aspects of Cultural Heritage Law.
She holds a PhD in Copyright Law and an LL.M. in Commercial Law from Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. She has been a Visiting Lecturer at the International University of Greece (IHU), teaching the course “Introduction to Copyright Law” for the “Master of Arts in Art, Law and Economy” (2012) as well as a Scientific Collaborator of the Open University of Cyprus (OUC), teaching the module “Cultural and Copyright Law” of the MA program “Cultural Policy and Development” (2016). Pigi contributed to the Greek section of Copyright for “Getting the Deal Through”.
- Legal advisor of numerous publishing and media companies on all aspects of intellectual property, media and corporate law, such as OLIVE MEDIA S.A., publisher of the Greek editions of “In Style”, “People” and “Fortune” magazines, UNIQUE MEDIA S.A., publisher of “Gynaika” and “Love yourself” magazines and producer of numerous TV-shows (including “Joy it’s inside you”), of IMAKO S.A. (2010-2012) and of SPACE FM S.A., owner of the Athens radio “Sfera Fm”, RADIOPLIROFORIKI S.A., owner of the Athens radio “Derti Fm” etc. (2010-2016).
- Member of the legal team for the representation of the media company “Alter Ego S.A” in the tender for the television broadcast licenses which was initially held in 2016 and repeated in 2019, a matter which received considerable publicity in Greece and presented numerous difficult legal problems.
- Legal representation of FORTHNET MEDIA S.A, MINOS EMI S.A. and of other UNIVERSAL GROUP companies, as well as of various renowned artists (directors, actors, composers, painters, photographers, actors, musicians etc.) on numerous copyright law cases.
- Legal representation of the international auction house Sotheby’s, in various cases related to Greek jurisdiction.
- Member of the M&A legal team for numerous international and national acquisitions (share and asset deals), such as on behalf of a) GR. SARANTIS S.A., a major manufacturer and distributor of cosmetics and household products in Greece and Eastern Europe listed on the Athens Stock Exchange, of b) Elikonos Jeremie SCA Sicar, a Venture Capital Fund, based in Luxembourg, on a number of investments in the ICT sector in Greece, with cornerstone investor the European Investment Fund etc. and c) of Genepharm S.A., in the transaction related to its acquisition by MS Pharma, an international pharmaceutical company based in Jordan and operating across the Middle East, Turkey and Africa.
- Legal Advisor of technology start-ups related to software and game development.
- Legal advisor of the Greek Film Archive for the purposes of the European Film Gateway, an EU program for the digitization of films (2010-2011).