Our Firm is very active in the areas of Copyright and Industrial Property Law, rendering high quality services which cover the whole range of the above fields. We advise and represent major companies of the media and entertainment sector, but also Organizations and creators/artists, having therefore obtained in-depth experience in all related issues. More specifically, our Firm supports and represents major publishing companies, radio stations, audiovisual production companies, major advertising companies, one of the largest Greek music recording and publishing companies, one of the major international auction houses, numerous beneficiaries of Intellectual Property rights, heirs of world renowned artists, great Greek artists from the music and cinematographer field, companies organizing concerts and musical events.
Our Media and Entertainment law practice is equally strong as we regularly provide legal support and representation to the largest Greek cable TV station, the Greek public television, major publishing companies and radio stations active throughout the country.
In this context, the services that our Firm renders include:
- Filing and Registration of Intellectual Property rights of authors and of relative rights of performers, management of such rights (for example assignment of such rights to companies), conclusion of related contracts and license agreements (for example agreements with record companies, publishing companies and production companies) and legal representation for the protection of the rights of authors/performers/artists.
- Legal advice and representation of authors regarding matters of the Hellenic Society for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AEPI) and the other Greek Organizations protecting other copyrights or related rights of performers/artists (“ATHINA”, “DIONYSOS”, “ERATO”, “APOLLON”, “GRAMMO”).
- Clearance for use advice, including research, filing and registration of trademarks in national, community and international level, the license agreements or trademarks transfer agreements, the registration of domain names and the representation and advisory support for the protection of such rights.
- Filing and Registration of patents and utility models in national, community and international level and the representation and legal support for the protection of such rights.
- Legal advice and drawing up of expert opinions regarding matters of the Greek National Council for Radio and Television (GNCRTV) and the Hellenic Telecommunications and Post Commission (HTPC), representation before the above national regulatory authorities and the Administrative Courts.
- Legal advice on current issues arising from the operation of companies active in the field of Media, such as drafting contracts with advertising companies and advertisers, networking agreements, publishing contracts, drawing up competition terms, drafting agreements with show agents (presenters, directors, editors, etc.)
- Completion of all required actions for the acquisition of broadcasting licences.
- Information and drawing up of expert opinions regarding matters of Media and Entertainment Law.
- Mergers – Acquisitions of such companies.
As regards gaming more particularly, which is a rather new field in our jurisdiction – the organizing law in this area was published only in 2011 – this is also a focus of our activity. We act for gambling companies and payment services providers collaborating with gaming operators. We are very familiar with the new legal framework and follow very closely all developments, including those in relation to the activity of the supervisory entity, the Hellenic Gambling Commission.